How France fights encryption key attacks after the Sandbox case



The reported attempt to kidnap the wife of Sandbox co-founder Sebastien Bourget has shifted attention to the physical side of cryptocurrency security.

summary

  • Neighbors stopped the kidnapping before the attackers fled, and two suspects were later arrested in an Uber car.
  • France has recorded dozens of cryptocurrency-related kidnappings, pushing police towards stricter prevention platforms and protocols.
  • Security experts urge privacy, family awareness, and multi-signature wallets to provide stronger physical safeguards against key attacks.

The attack occurred on May 20 at Bourget’s home in the Seine-et-Marne region of France. According to Le Journal du Dimanche. One of the suspects arrived dressed as a delivery boy before five masked accomplices entered the courtyard and attempted to force Burgett’s wife into the car, the report said.

The neighbors heard her screaming and I intervened. Four of the suspects fled in a car, while two others fled on foot and later ordered an Uber. Police from the Mu Anti-Crime Brigade stopped the passenger car shortly after. Officers allegedly found a fake gun, cable ties and masks.

The cryptocurrency motive is still under police review

JDD stated that early evidence suggests the kidnapping attempt “will be related to cryptocurrencies.” This wording leaves the motive under investigation, and authorities have not said the case has been closed.

Burgett’s wife was not injured, according to the report. Two suspects were arrested, while four others are still wanted.

Related coverage male French police have recorded 41 cryptocurrency-related kidnappings since January 1, making France a major hub for the latest wave of violent attacks.

France is moving from warnings to prevention

The case comes as France prepares new measures against cryptocurrency hijacking. Previous market update He said Interior Ministry representative Jean-Didier Berger announced a protective platform for digital asset holders and was working with Interior Minister Laurent Nunez on a broader plan.

French authorities also pursued the suspects more aggressively. The plaintiffs were Charged At least 88 people had been arrested for alleged wrenching attacks by late April, including ten minors. Authorities have also warned cryptocurrency holders and their relatives to reduce online exposure, which could help criminals identify targets.

Spam attacks have become global

The problem is not limited to France. TRM Labs said the latest attacks occurred back In the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other markets. The company said attackers often target cryptocurrency executives, traders and family members because cryptocurrency transfers can be fast, difficult to reverse, and are linked to general wealth signals.

Security companies are now advising cryptocurrency holders to treat privacy as part of custody. TRM Labs recommends limiting public disclosure of holdings, improving home and travel security, using multi-signature wallets, and educating family members.

Jameson Loeb’s public list of physical Bitcoin and cryptocurrency attacks also includes the Burgett case dated May 20, and says the tracker was not completed because many attacks were not reported.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *